Tuesday, February 07, 2006

revival

http://www.asbury.edu/press/chapelcontinues06

so this is what is happening. it's hard to know what to think and feel about it. God has done work in my life and I know that he is doing it in other people's life as well. I am thankful for what God is doing, but I don't like the connotation of the word revival. I feel that people have a good spirit, that they want it to be something that will go out to others and not be contained within the walls of Hughes auditorium. I hope that it stays that way and that God would continue to work whether it be in the walls of Hughes....or not....

I guess I'm judgemental towards that people who want to stay up all night...because it is different from what I feel I need to do. But God is reminding me of obedience, not what everyone else is doing. I guess I just don't feel that we should quit living...and people aren't. I hate that I'm even being critical of people who are sincerely seeking God. I guess all I can do is trust that christ is inside of me and that he will lead me and let him deal with others.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

The IHOP community has been praying this week for Asbury - I'm assuming this is why. But I'm confused - is this an organized, preplanned 24 hr house of prayer, or is this a spontaneous Brownsville-type revival? Were you there when it started? What happened? Were you a part of the group that has been praying for revival before this started? Is it still going? I want to know more. =)

This much I know - when the Holy Spirit is on something, it CAN'T be contained in a room. You don't have to stay in the room to stay in that moment, if that makes sense. And if He isn't, you can't sustain it. For whatever that's worth ...

Tell us more,
ssg

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home