Tuesday, March 07, 2006

the grass looks greener across the street

i'm torn...kinda in a weird place...one i don't recall ever being in before...I'm content...yet I see the greener grass on the other side. I think that it would be so much better to be around people my age...to be able to be in contact with people that I could have a good conversation with...instead of college students...granted...i still am a college student...it's just that I'm at the seminary a lot, working, and I'd rather hang out with people there...but i'm a college student and somehow that puts a gap between me and people at the seminary. I have a few friends there...which i should get in touch with and hang out with...i'm not putting this off on the seminary people...it really has nothing to do with their actions against me...it's just that I would rather be there...or at least where i could hang out with them...it seems the grass is greener across the street...the conversations deeper and the life more real...yet i am content to be where I am...I guess in a way I choose to be content and count my blessings...God has blessed me with great roommates and a select number of friends here at the college that I can have those real conversations with...I have been blessed with a church family and a connection group where i can learn and grow...I long though for a companion to share my discoveries with...I am learning to be content...through choices...maybe I sound contradictory...i don't mean to be...I know that i have so many blessings...i just can not always see them...since the grass is always greener on the other side...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home